In order to prepare basis for participation and investment in knowledge-based innovation ecosystem, Islamic Azad University established its research and technology fund in January 2021.
After that Azad Fund started its official operation in non-governmental (privet held co) format.
Starting registered capital was 200bn rial which was fully paid by the shareholders.
Because of the special activities that fund had done, vice-presidency for science and technology granted 2nd-type of knowledge-based certification for Azad Fund.
Legal background of research and technology funds has been explained in third and fourth program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
It also has been explained in knowledge-based companies and institutions support and competitive production aid laws.
- Article 100 of program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
- Article 45 of program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
- Executive regulation of Article 100 of program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
- Approval of ministers committee about research and technology funds.
- Executive regulation of article 44 of the law on removing obstacle to competitive production and improving the country’s financial system.
- Law to support knowledge-based companies and institutions and commercialize innovations and inventions and executive regulations to that law.
FIELD OF AVTIVITY, POTENTIAL CLIENTS
Companies that are active in Islamic Azad University innovation ecosystem; University branches and campuses Faculty members; And every other knowledge-based companies all over the country.
Azad fund has no regional restriction.
Azad fund operates in all technology fields with absolute utilization of technical experts and faculties.