In order to prepare basis for participation and investment in knowledge-based innovation ecosystem, Islamic Azad University established its research and technology fund in January 2021.
After that Azad Fund started its official operation in non-governmental (privet held co) format.
Starting registered capital was 200bn rial which was fully paid by the shareholders.
Because of the special activities that fund had done, vice-presidency for science and technology granted 2nd-type of knowledge-based certification for Azad Fund.
- Article 100 of program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
- Article 45 of program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
- Executive regulation of Article 100 of program of economic, social and cultural development of IR.
- Approval of ministers committee about research and technology funds.
- Executive regulation of article 44 of the law on removing obstacle to competitive production and improving the country’s financial system.
- Law to support knowledge-based companies and institutions and commercialize innovations and inventions and executive regulations to that law.
FIELD OF ACVTIVITY, POTENTIAL CLIENTS
Companies that are active in Islamic Azad University innovation ecosystem; University branches and campuses Faculty members; And every other knowledge-based companies all over the country.
Azad fund has no regional restriction.
Azad fund operates in all technology fields with absolute utilization of technical experts and faculties.